Energy savings of more than 73% with C02 reduction of 91 tonnes per year.
The Adelphi Group of Companies supply a wide range of packaging & processing machinery and equipment to a number of different industries.
Based in Haywards Heath, The Adelphi Group’s main production and stores area is situated on a mezzanine floor and with heat rising from the warehouse below, it has made the temperature too warm and uncomfortable to work in during the summer months.
Due to the large open space, evaporative cooling systems were recommended – as the running costs of traditional air conditioning would have proved too expensive*.
* Even on the very hottest summer days the evaporative cooling systems will supply fresh air cooling at temperatures below 23C at typically less than 10% of the operating costs of refrigeration
As an authorised installer of Evaporative Cooling systems for UK manufacturer, EcoCooling Ltd, SMARTech energy were brought on board to design in an energy efficient cooling system at the site – with the aim to improve the working environment for their staff.
Prior to the project start, a team from The Adelphi Group were invited to visit our previous evaporative cooling installation work at the Herman Miller factory site in Wiltshire, to better understand the installation process of evaporative cooling.
- 2 x Evaporative cooling systems with recirculation capability. Both controlled via single PLC
- Cooled air is discharged to the area by 2 x fabric ducts running the length of the production area
- 2 x nozzles in the ends of the duct direct more air to the mezzanine area
- Hot air is removed via 2 x exhaust grilles located above the supply entry points
- Low energy usage – automatically ramps up and down according to needs. Fresh air injection into working areas for operatives
BENEFITS OF EVAPORATIVE COOLING
- Improves security – as would not need to leave doors open to introduce cooler air in summer
- The external units are roof mounted so require no floor or external space for installation
- All work can be carried out during business hours and does not require any downtime
- The cooling solution will improve the working environment for its staff and deliver energy savings to the company
- Acting as a recirculation system for winter and a ventilator or evaporative cooling system for the summer
- Even on the very hottest summer days the Evaporative Cooling systems will supply fresh air cooling at temperatures below 23C at typically less than 10% of the operating costs of refrigeration
SMARTech energy were approached in late 2019 and work to a schedule that would take advantage of a quieter period in The Adelphi Group’s production; thereby allowing SMARTech energy to install the system with minimal disruption to daily operations and more importantly, have the air cooling systems functioning prior to the summer months.
The project was led by Head of Evaporative Cooling at SMARTech energy Seth Robinson.
Seth comments “The installation took a team of 3 engineers, 2 weeks to install and we are delighted with the finished project. We will continue to maintain and service all of the units and our relationship with The Adelphi Group continues to thrive”.
For more information on this case study, please contact us on 01225 653 660 or via the website contact us page.
Call our team on 01225 635 660 for more information on this case study and how we can help your business or organisation.
The term ‘SMARTech energy’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is: Unit 10d, Leafield Industrial Estate, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 9SW. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.