COMPLIANCE DEADLINE 5th December 2019
Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
ESOS is a UK scheme encouraging large organisations to save energy and money through energy efficiency.
Implementing recommendations from an ESOS audit could reduce an organisation’s annual energy costs by 20% or more.
ESOS Phase 2 Compliance is a mandatory Government energy efficiency scheme targeted at all large UK companies.
What is ESOS?
Launched in 2014, ESOS is a mandatory energy assessment scheme and is the UK Government’s response to the implementation of Article 8 of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive – designed to support energy efficiency measures in the UK’s commercial and industrial sectors.
The Criteria for ESOS
The scheme affects organisations that employ at least 250 people – or those that employ less than 250 people – but who achieve an annual turnover in excess of €50m and an annual balance sheet in excess of €43m.
It’s now in its second phase and companies are being urged to adhere to the compliance deadline of 5th December 2019.
Approved ESOS Lead Assessor
As an approved ESOS Lead Assessor, SMARTech energy are only one of approximately 1,000 firms in the UK who are qualified to help businesses and organisations to achieve ESOS compliance; offering site surveys, energy analysis and monitoring to identify energy consumption and cost saving opportunities.
The benefits of going through ESOS Compliance
- Adhere to legislative requirements
- Failure to comply with ESOS could result in civil penalties.
- Meet CSR and Environmental commitments
Our experience has shown that going beyond the mandatory environmental compliance makes for a compelling business case.
Are you looking to reduce energy bills?
Implementing effective cost energy saving projects can reduce an organisation’s annual energy costs by 20% or more and with the need to protect the environment, together with rising energy costs – the offer of a financial return further contributes to an organisation’s sustainability objective.
The Road to Compliance
- The consultancy starts with an initial assessment which leads to a full review of available energy data across an organisation’s site.
- Using energy monitoring equipment, the system tracks an organisation’s energy consumption remotely, minute by minute and identifies driving factors affecting energy efficiency.
- Our team then conduct an energy audit to identify cost effective energy efficiency and energy management opportunities.
- SMARTech energy consultancy prepare an Energy Management Survey report which substantiates the audit, it’s findings and recommendations.
- Our team prepare a report of compliance to the Environmental Agency.
Why choose SMARTech energy?
As an approved ESOS Lead Assessor, our experience has shown that significant energy savings can be identified through the ESOS process. For more information on how we can make your organisation compliant and identify costs savings, contact us now.
Let SMARTech energy define and design the right solution for you
Talk to us to see how we could help you save money
Contact us to book your free energy consultation
Download our latest customer Case Studies
Download our latest customer product brochures
We would be delighted to discuss how we can be of assistance.
If you have a question or would like more information then please complete this form and we will be in contact.